Logging in From Off-Campus
When you are off-campus, you will need to login to have access to the databases and full-text content.
1. You will need to put in your last name.
2. In the University ID box, put in the alpha-numeric code you use to login to Marynet and Blackboard. It is made up of your 3 initials (use zero if you have no middle initial) and the last 5 numbers of your Marymount ID.For example: m0m34567
or your Library Barcode , the 14-digit number under the barcode on the back of your MU BlueCard. For example: 22883123456701
3. Finally, select Marymount from the drop down menu next to Instiitution.
Related Getting Started Guides
The following steps should make researching company information less complicated. Keep these important points in mind.
- Not all companies have the same amount of information available. Company ownership, size, and rate of change all affect quantity of available information. Privately help companies are not required to submit financial statements or documents to the Securities and Exchange Commission. As a result, databases do not contain financial information on privately held companies.
- Company information is not the same as industry information though company information research shares some resources with industry information. Please see Getting Started...Industry Information for further information on industry research.
- Before beginning any research, think about what you need and what you want to find out--such as financials, graphics, text, and what resources might have what you need.
- Keep track of where you are getting your information from for citation purposes.
Tools to consult before starting your research:
Ask A Librarian
If you have a question or need help you can use the chat window below, call the refererence desk at 703-284-1649 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question or need help, you can use the chat window, call the reference desk at 703-284-1649, or email us at email@example.com.