Logging in From Off-Campus
From the Marymount University Website click on Academics at the top bar and select Library & Learning Services to get to the MU library home page. You will be asked to log-in soon after you select the database to search or the article to read.
When you are off-campus, you will need to login to have access to the databases and full-text content.
- You will need to enter your last name.
- In the University ID box, enter in the alpha-numeric (letter/number) code you use to login to Marynet and BlackBoard. It is made up of your 3 initials (use zero if you have no middle initial) and the last 5 numbers of your Marymount ID (Example: m0m34567) OR your Library Barcode, the 14-digit number under the barcode on the back of your MU BlueCard (Example: 22883123456701).
- Finally, select Marymount from the drop down menu next to institution.
Scope of this Getting Started Guide
This guide is primarily for United States Health Care Management information. Please contact Marcia Dursi if you need international health care information.
Health Care Management Guide
This guide will change frequently due to the rapid changes in health care reform. There are different formats for background information and current information on this subject:
- Books provide both historic and current information in handbook, directory, and almanac formats.
- Databases provide current information and analysis on health care topics.
- Government websites provide the most current information and statistics on health care topics, as do the organization and general websites in this guide.
Do you search with the phrase "health care" or the word "healthcare"?
Try both because you do not know how the resource indexed the word or phrase.