Marymount students and alumni may deposit an electronic or digital copy of their thesis or dissertation with the Marymount University Archives in order to archive and provide access to researchers on campus or around the world.
Why should I deposit my thesis or dissertation with Marymount University Archives?
Many students have already chosen to deposit their thesis with Marymount’s Digital Repository and for some programs it is a requirement of degree completion. Depositing a thesis or dissertation with the Archives enables students to publish their work inside and outside of the Marymount community. The digital repository will enable prompt, secure web-based access to these documents, which will increase the visibility of MU’s scholars and contribute to academic scholarship by providing:
· stable URLs for the academic work
· Ongoing digital storage and preservation
Who can deposit?
Currently, all students, both present and alumni, can contribute their committee approved thesis or dissertation to Marymount’s Digital Repository.
How do I deposit?
1. After receiving approval of your thesis or dissertation from your school, complete and submit a Student Authorization Form in the box to the right. If you are alumni, please complete the Alumni Authorization Form in the box to the right. These forms can be delivered to Marymount University Archives in hardcopy or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. This agreement is a non-exclusive transfer of ownership of a single copy of your thesis or dissertation to the University Archives. Students retain copyright to their own work. It allows the Archives to make your work available according to the release option you choose during submission, to make backup copies of your thesis or dissertation, and to migrate it to future file formats as necessary for preservation.
3. After you have completed the Authorization Form, there are two ways to submit your thesis or dissertation and authorization form to the University Archives. Sorry, we cannot upload any work without the accompanying Authorization Form.
a. Via Email to email@example.com in the accepted formats listed on the Authorization Form
b. Via Mail in the accepted formats listed on the Authorization Form to:
Emerson G. Reinsch Library
2807 North Glebe Road
Arlington, Virginia 22207
If you have any questions regarding the submission of your thesis or dissertation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Holland (703) 284-4990.